As a parent I know the importance of protecting my children against toxic chemicals. I have heard so many horror stories to where it saddens me that some of these chemicals are allowed to be sold. I have teamed up with seventh generation and they need your help in making our nations outdated chemical law stronger. They are doing this as they want to make the world a safer place for our children to live in. So please let your voices be heard.
Did you know that…
- In the 33 years since Congress passed that nation’s chemical regulatory law, the Environmental Protection Agency has required testing on just 200 of the more than 80,000 developed for products used in the home. (TCSA), the
- Under the current law, the EPA does not have the authority to demand the information it needs to evaluate a chemical’s risk, and neither manufacturers nor the EPA are required to prove a chemical’s safety as a condition of use.
- 1.25 million kids younger than six are unintentionally poisoned in the home each year by things like cosmetics and personal care products, cleaning substances, pain relievers and cough and cold medicines (American Association of Poison Control Centers)
- Studies show that nearly 200 industrial chemicals and pollutants have been found in the umbilical cord blood of newborns (EWG).
- The Million Baby Crawl is a grassroots initiative dedicated to educating and empowering parents to lobby for stronger standards on toxic chemicals.
- The Million Baby Crawl will help to present the Kids Safe Chemical Act to Washington by collecting signatures from Americans who support toxic chemical reform.
- If passed, the Kids Safe Chemical Act will require chemical manufacturers to conduct safety testing before a chemical is used in products.
- Show your support by visiting
- The Million Baby Crawl campaign is sponsored by Seventh Generation, the nation’s leading brand of non-toxic and environmentally safe household and personal care products, in partnership with Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families, a nationwide coalition of groups that support stronger standards on toxic chemicals.
Seventh Generation provided me with the information and prize pack.