As a parent I know the importance of protecting my children against toxic chemicals. I have heard so many horror stories to where it saddens me that some of these chemicals are allowed to be sold. I have teamed up with seventh generation and they need your help in making our nations outdated chemical law stronger. They are doing this as they want to make the world a safer place for our children to live in. So please let your voices be heard.
Did you know that…
- In the 33 years since Congress passed that nation’s chemical regulatory law, the Environmental Protection Agency has required testing on just 200 of the more than 80,000 developed for products used in the home. (TCSA), the
- Under the current law, the EPA does not have the authority to demand the information it needs to evaluate a chemical’s risk, and neither manufacturers nor the EPA are required to prove a chemical’s safety as a condition of use.
- 1.25 million kids younger than six are unintentionally poisoned in the home each year by things like cosmetics and personal care products, cleaning substances, pain relievers and cough and cold medicines (American Association of Poison Control Centers)
- Studies show that nearly 200 industrial chemicals and pollutants have been found in the umbilical cord blood of newborns (EWG).
- The Million Baby Crawl is a grassroots initiative dedicated to educating and empowering parents to lobby for stronger standards on toxic chemicals.
- The Million Baby Crawl will help to present the Kids Safe Chemical Act to Washington by collecting signatures from Americans who support toxic chemical reform.
- If passed, the Kids Safe Chemical Act will require chemical manufacturers to conduct safety testing before a chemical is used in products.
- Show your support by visiting www.MillionBabyCrawl.com.
- The Million Baby Crawl campaign is sponsored by Seventh Generation, the nation’s leading brand of non-toxic and environmentally safe household and personal care products, in partnership with Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families, a nationwide coalition of groups that support stronger standards on toxic chemicals.
It’s easy: visit www.millionbabycrawl.com and create a crawler that represents why you want chemical reform.
Million Baby Crawl: www.MillionBabyCrawl.com
Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families: www.SaferChemicals.org
Seventh Generation: www.SeventhGeneration.com
Dr. Alan Greene: www.DrGreene.com
Million Baby Crawl: #mbcrawl
Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families: @SaferChemicals
Seventh Generation: @SeventhGen
Number of winners (1)
Prize: Seventh Generation Living Home Starter Kit that consist of a big filled with one of each of the following items: All Purpose Cleaner, Dish soap, Laundry Detergent, Dryer Sheets, Shower Cleaner, Glass Cleaner, Tub & Tile Cleaner, Dishwashing Soap, Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Bleach, and Tote bag.
End Date: 11:59 p.m. PST on 11/18
Eligibility: Giveaway is open only to the US
How to Enter
Visit the Million Baby Crawl website and tell me one thing that you learned.
(How to Earn Extra Entries)
Remember the first entry is mandatory and must be done first in order for extra entries to be counted.
Please leave a separate comment for each entry as this will make sure all your entries are counted.
- Grab My Button (See my Sidebar) 3 Entries
- Follow Mama of 3 Munchkins! Publicly Via Google Friends Connect (See my sidebar)
- Subscribe to my Blog via email (See my Sidebar) 3 Entries
- Follow me on Twitter @thesweetmom
- Blog about this giveaway and link back to Mama of 3 Munchkins and Million Baby Crawl. Please leave the link to your post link in the comments section for verification purposes.
- Tweet about this giveaway - Please leave the link to your tweet in the comment section.
- Comment on another post (excluding this post) then come back here and leave a comment on which post you commented on.
For Official Rules click here
Click here for the winners list.
Seventh Generation provided me with the information and prize pack.